|LENGTH OF COURSE
||2 full days
||$850.00 + HST
||Holiday Inn & Suites
101 Kanata Avenue, Ottawa
The course focuses on understanding personal and business ethics and the importance of ethics in competitive and negotiated procurement. The basics of the procurement process are covered and time is allotted for what-if scenarios. To the extent possible, the what-if scenarios will be supplied by the students from actual experiences and incorporated into the discussions.
Procurement is a process and ethics is a philosophy of living. The importance of ethics governing procurements will be examined in detail. Also discussed will be the difference between public and private procurement and the ethical principles that govern both.
||Ethics - the building blocks
Ethics and the Law
- What are ethics
- Personal, Cultural and Business Ethics
- Ethical Businesses and Business Ethics
- Evolution of Laws
- Purpose of Laws
- Ethics vs. the Law
- The process from planning to implementation
Competitive Ethical Procurement
- The Philosophy
- How it relates to traditional procurement theories
- Obligations to Suppliers and Customers
Negotiated Ethical Procurement
- Equality of Opportunity
- Integrity of the Competitive Process
- Fairness and Equality of Treatment
- Elimination of Bias
- Ethical Decisions
- Negotiation Strategies
- The Negotiator
- Why choose to negotiate with you?
- Truth telling and Selective Disclosure
- Ethical Decisions
|WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understanding and applying your own personal ethics to a procurement
- Understanding the value that your employer/organization places on ethics
- How to identify ethical situations and to analyze alternatives
- How to react ethically in competitive procurement situations
- Why all procurements, even on one time procurements, have long term ethical impacts
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers who want to ensure that procurement ethical principles parallel the stated principles of an organization
- Employees who are interested in learning how to procure effectively and ethically
- Project Managers or team leaders who want to maximum the benefits incurred in procurement projects
- Purchasing officers who want to improve their effectiveness
Download this course description as a printable PDF.
To pay by cheque or to request an invoice, please print and complete the following Registration Form.
Please read and understand the Cancellation Policy before confirming your attendance.