Leadership - Plan for Others' Success
|LENGTH OF COURSE
||2 full days
||$850.00 + HST
||Holiday Inn & Suites
101 Kanata Avenue, Ottawa
If you aspire to leadership or have had it thrust upon you either formally or informally, there are fundamentals you can learn and improve upon. Certain people innately gravitate to leadership but it doesn’t mean they are experts in all situations.
This program will provide you case study situations and fundamental decision-making skills to help you grow as a leader of people and help those around you find success.
We will take notes, play roles and leave you with your fundamental Guidebook to Leadership.
||Defining terms and comparisons including:
- leadership and managing
- strategy and task
- decide and do
- individual and team
- dictate and delegate
- consensus and command
- my way/your way/our way
The overall objective is to have you establish a Leadership Guidebook that suits you and the situation.
|WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Three Leadership Responsibilities: People, Planning, Action.Through case studies and discussion of scenarios, we will identify techniques for:
Objective: To get the most out of those you work with for THEIR success
- Understanding individuals through testing and listening
- Motivating techniques to bring out the best
- Honest feedback
Objective: To provide clear direction and timeline AND remain flexible
- Team meetings
- Framework for strategic plan
- Turn the tables to ensure it is a team plan
- Build-in flexibility and quick response
Objective: To develop replicable processes and clear actions toward the ultimate planned goals
- Delegate and do
- Clarity of authority to make decisions
- Timely Follow-up and support
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND
||Three categories of people will benefit from this training:
- current “Managers” who want to be Leaders,
- new leaders with the daunting task of changing direction for a team and,
- those who aspire to leadership positions.
Download this course description as a printable PDF.
To pay by cheque or to request an invoice, please print and complete the following Registration Form.
Please read and understand the Cancellation Policy before confirming your attendance.