Managing in a Unionized Environment
|LENGTH OF COURSE
||2 full days
||$850.00 + HST
||Holiday Inn & Suites
101 Kanata Avenue, Ottawa
This highly interactive workshop will provide participants with the basic knowledge and techniques necessary to effectively lead workplace teams in a unionized environment.
Myths about Unionized Workplaces
- Verbal warning
- Written reprimand
|WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Supervisory and disciplinary terminology
- Best practices for corrective discipline
- Documentation of performance problems/workplace transgressions
- How to use Human Resources/Labour Relations officers
- Probationary employment periods
- Conducting Investigatory meetings
- Importance of training, orientation and coaching
- Principles of progressive discipline
- Employees right to union representation
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND
||Supervisors and Managers interested in mastering the dynamics of leading workplace teams in a unionized environment.
Download this course description as a printable PDF.
To pay by cheque or to request an invoice, please print and complete the following Registration Form.
Please read and understand the Cancellation Policy before confirming your attendance.